Students provide value to the companies where they work.
Interns bring new energy to the workplace and meet real business needs. Supervisors value the time they spend with students and often report increased engagement with the company or organization after working with a student.
- Summer jobs build a talent pipeline for the local workforce. Career exploration and early work experience help ensure that young people have the knowledge and skills to be successful in their future careers.
- Early work experience is linked to future success. Students who work during high school have higher employment rates and higher earnings later in life.
- Internships develop supervisory skills. Employers encourage junior staff to take on internship supervision as a professional development opportunity.
- Internships can align with your corporate social responsibility and diversity goals. You can make a real difference in the lives of young people, while bringing in new and diverse perspectives.
- By participating in the Mayor’s Summer Jobs Campaign, your company can build brand awareness among students and families, other employers, and city officials.
PIC Career Specialists work closely with students prior to the summer to prepare them to join your workplace. Students go through a series of job readiness workshops and career exploration programs during the school year. PIC Employer Engagement staff are available throughout the school year and summer to address your questions and concerns, ensuring a productive and positive summer experience.